A Little Reality
January 28, 2011 § 6 Comments
In case you have a picture of me…Dressed perfectly…Perfect kids…Neat and tidy house….
Let me tell you the reality of me…
1. I LOVE to wear “work-out clothes.” Always. An elastic waistband and a cotton t-shirt make me smile. I feel home. Don’t get me wrong dressing up is ok, but I prefer active wear. 😉 Dressing like that is more comfortable and quicker than dressing up…
2. Sometimes my kids and I have p.j. days. Yes really…I spend a whole day wearing pajamas. In fact I am tainting my kids because they LOVE p.j. days too.
3. I have no ability to organize. I dream of a tidy home, I try to, there are times when it is better than others. However most days my house looks like an office and a toy room married and had kids. Papers and toys everywhere. I claim my twin sister stole my organizing gene in utero. She is organized and tidy. I am not. Praying somehow the gene is recessive and my kids can have it…I doubt it, but I would like it!
4. My kids are not perfect. I have drama, thumb-sucking, potty-training issues, and straight up defiance. I wonder where they got that? Let’s move on…
5. I often have to warm up my coffee because I get distracted and don’t drink it until it is cold. Sometimes I drink it cold.
6. I love my husband, but I often don’t respond to him as I should. Yet he loves me and calls me beautiful (even on my p.j. days).
I am glad that God doesn’t call the perfect…Aren’t you? He loves us the way we are and sees Jesus in us. AMAZING!!!
Please feel free to leave a comment (the button is at the top of each post). I try to respond to each one that is left.
Don’t want to miss a post? Check out the right column. You can get them e-mailed to you, or in your RSS reader, or sign up for networked blogs on Facebook. All are great ways to keep up with what is going on around here.
Finally check out my FACEBOOK fan page. If you like it on facebook, you will get blog updates, see what is going on with my speaking ministry, and what is going on with my book.
Yes, in case you didn’t know, I am writing a book. 😉 A publisher and an agent are considering my proposal. Keep praying and I will keep you posted!
I am praying for you and appreciate your prayers for me!