1,000 Gifts continued
February 7, 2011 § 6 Comments
“It’s my dun mommy,” his voice louder than necessary as he points to a plastic cap on his coat. “I shoot bad duys [guys].”
“Shhh, it is OK to pretend to shoot bad guys, but we need to use our indoor voice,” I encourage and quietly pray no one heard him.
He persists in describing his gun and shooting bad guys as most two-year-old boys are apt to do. The problem? We were at the DMV getting my license renewed. At least we weren’t at the airport. I am praying he is out of that stage before we go on our next plane ride. I somehow doubt it, but we made it through the DMV without having to speak to anyone packing real heat. And so begins my list of things I am thankful for…
176. Little boys and their imaginations!
177. No one called the cops when J was talking about guns and shooting at the DMV.
178. No one was hurt when they slid into our fence and knocked over the gas thing.
179. We never lost gas at our house during that time.
180. For the reminder of the bread and the cup. Reminders that I can touch and taste of what God did for my spirit.
181. Singing songs in the car with my kids on the way to school. My van turns into a rolling worship service.
182. Listening to God’s word on http://www.biblegateway.com with my kids. They understand more than I realize.
183. My little L’s probing questions.
184. An article that a magazine is considering publishing. It is opening opportunities for my kids to see God working and learning patience with me.
185. That God chose that our joy in Him is our strength.
186. My 6th grade girls are growing and changing to be more like Jesus.
187. The mercy and grace my kids and husband give me.
188. The opportunity to work with Bronson Ma to design my logo, business card, etc.
189. Learning lots of new things
190. The book fair at my girls’ school…We got several new inexpensive books. We LOVE books!
191. My husband’s gentle reminders to make things right.
192. Coffee with friends
193. Dinner with a family, our kids play so well together.
194. Watching a friend’s child to lighten her load
195. New friendships
196. 17 hours of snowing here in Arkansas! NOTE: Only an inch or two accumulated as it melted while it was falling, but it was BEAUTIFUL
197. Superbowl Sunday…I LOVE football and we didn’t do anything special…Just watched with the family and it was WONDERFUL!
198. E telling her Sunday School class mommy’s birthday is this Wednesday and exactly how old I will be! 😉
199. That Jesus would die for a wretch like me.
200. God confirming His perfect plan for me each step of the way.
What are you grateful for? Leave a comment. Then consider signing up to get my blog in your RSS reader or your e-mail. Just sign up in the right hand column. Remember you will get a confirmation e-mail if you sign-up for e-mail…So check your trash if it doesn’t show up. Thanks for stopping by!