Madness…March and Other Kinds
March 21, 2011 § 2 Comments
My heart thundered in my chest as I tied my shoe. I wanted to win…I got the ball and went up for a shot. I missed, but I knew I was fouled.
You would have thought I was playing in the NCAA National Tournament. Instead I was nine-years-old playing 3-on-3 during recess with my friends.
I was so angry that a foul wasn’t called that I slapped one of my friends in her face. I was MAD! I also ended up in the principal’s office which nearly killed my little I don’t-want-to-disappoint-those-in-authority heart.
Over twenty years later, I still have that madness in me. I want to win, I want to be right, I want to be smart, I want to be strong. I don’t want to be told I can’t do something. That madness is pride.
But God. He has a way of changing our hearts. He reminds me that being right isn’t most important, love is. He has used my children to humble me, my husband to teach me submission, and my friends to help me learn to laugh at myself. He has taught me that grace is more important than my pitiful pride. So I thank Him for so many things…
301. Basketball…I forget how much I like it.
302. “Pway wif me mommy”
303. The sunlight through my blinds
304. “Mommy you turned off the lights” when the sun became obscured by clouds
305. The sound of my dryer because I have one and I have clothes to dry.
306. Toys everywhere showing me signs of life
307. WARM weather
308. Prayer the honor and privilege to come to the throne of grace.
309. Friends who sharpen and refine me
310. Smell of fresh-baked bread
311. Water from the faucet is clean and ok to drink
312. Hot water for warm showers and baths.
314. A friend who spends two hours with me waiting for my car to be “tuned-up” at the car dealership.
315. Spring break…Ahh deep breath…
316. Sonic Chicago style hot dog
317. A haircut…Seriously I lose at least 2 pounds every time she cuts it.
318. God’s word it is applicable to me, to my kids, to sixth graders, to college students, to 90 year olds. It is amazing.
319. That God wants me to be a part of His plan and His family. Little ol’ sinful me.
320. My husband..He will always lead me even when I have a hard time following.
321. God blesses me when I follow my husband’s lead
322. A new computer
323. My husband spoils me
324. My little J saying, “you my best swend (friend) mommy.”
325. Listening to a friend teach on hospitality…She blessed me with her words.
What are you thankful for? Share! I can’t wait to hear!