January 29, 2011 § 4 Comments
Sleeping in (sort of) at least until 7:00 AM if that counts…
Ibuprofen for the head injury I received when a certain 4-year-old kicked me in the head while she was sleeping.
Playing outside in the unseasonably warm weather…
Talking through sibling relationship issues with a 7-year-old.
Sipping some coffee (from a cup my friend Jennifer made. She is a great potter) in the quiet house (kids are playing outside) with my wonderful husband.
Thankful to the One who made Saturdays.
How about you? What are your Saturdays for?
January 24, 2011 § 6 Comments
Have you ever noticed that enemy tries to attack us and drag us down when we are stepping out in faith? So we have these warring factions in our hearts…One encouraging me because I am doing God’s will and it brings the peace and joy that comes from honoring and glorifying our Lord and Savior. The other brings doubts or stresses or points to the messy house, it brings discouragement, frustration, and a measuring stick that I could never possibly attain.
So here I am…Monday morning…messy kitchen, toys flung throughout the house, heart at war with itself…And yet I am still so thankful and grateful to our God. I am overwhelmed by His grace and mercy. I am awed by His love. I am thankful for so many things…Here is a list.
126. My son stayed in his big boy bed the first night all night!
127. Molly the talented photographer who took pictures of me
129. Time of worship in song
130. Tears of thankfulness shed for my loving Savior
131. No one mentioning the smear of mascara under my eyes after service
132. NFL Play-off weekend
133. College Basketball season
134. Pudgy hands clutching “sootballs” (footballs)
135. Pudgy cheeks to kiss
136. My sixth grade girls in Sunday School. They are really starting to dig into God’s word
137. Inexpensive CUTE shoes
139. When my son talks in exclamation points with his voice, eyes, and body language
140. Sore muscles (yes I have started working out again)
141. Golden grass…I think it is pretty, you can think it is dead, but I like it. 😉
142. Baking with three little chefs
143. My 7-year-old making pop-bead jewelry for the whole family
144. Toy scattered floors (signs of life)
145. Good report at the eye doctor for my sweet L! She is doing much much better with her glasses!
146. Glasses actually keep L from being so clumsy. Praise God for the school nurse testing her and her Eye Doctor working with us!
147. Colder weather for cuddling, hot chocolate
148. My kids love me to read to them and I love to read
149. The Action Bible (if you haven’t checked it out it is GREAT). My kids LOVE it as a tool to help them understand scripture.
150. My husband’s face of joy and fun while he plays his guitar
What are you grateful for?
September 29, 2010 § 4 Comments
I am going to join the Gratitude Community and start listing things for which I am thankful for…I hope you enjoy this list. It will become a regular part of my blog and I hope that it blesses you.
1. For God, that He created the Earth knowing He would have to send His Son and did it anyway. John 1
2. For Jesus, who did not consider equality with God something to be grasped. Oh thank You Jesus! Phillipians 2:3-8
3. For air to breathe
4. For good health for my husband, my kids, and myself
5. For a house that is more than we need so we can easily share with others
6. For my backyard that is a haven for my family
7. For my three precious children
8. For my 7 babies I got to hold in my womb, but not in my arms
9. For my 3 babies lost to two tubal pregnancies (we can’t prove it, but I believe one of those pregnancies was twins)
10. For my 12 babies that lived in a dish, but not in my womb
11. For the finances to choose In-vitro as an option to grow our family
12. For sweet friends who encourage me (Heb 10:24-25)
13. For the smell of rain
14. For changing seasons
15. For laundry since I have clothes to wear
16. For food to eat
17. For clean water
18. For my church family
19. For the fellowship of suffering so that I get to know Jesus more (Phil 3:10)
20. That God uses the foolish things of this world to shame the wise (1 Cor 1:27)
21. That my children play well together (mostly)
22. My youngest put poo-poo in the potty twice and peed in the potty (mostly) twice today
23. For my middle child who plays with her belly button when she feels tired.
24. For my youngest who lets me kiss his precious cheeks and then kisses mine in return.
25. For my oldest who will always keep me in line regardless if I ask her to or not.